bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trials and Tribulation  (Read 6253 times)

LadyRanae

Trials and Tribulation
« on: May 14, 2008, 05:42:10 PM »

"1Pe 4:13  But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy."

HELLO to those I have met on this site and to the newbies !!!!.... YES, I have been away a while!

Now I am back with Joy in my heart and a testimony to share...

This story starts in MAY of 2007 ..before I ever signed up to the forum......

About two weeks before Memorial weekend.... my heart cried out to God that I did not want to be fearful and be beaten down with the cares of this world ...

Memorial weekend, Sunday, I went to work and the boss told me to do the shift change and count her drawer so she could go ahead and take off. The day went by and I closed the store as usual. Well the next morning I get a call from the boss.... her shift was missing. One thing lead to another... I am accused of embezzling $1,100 and was arrested... finger printed .. pictured... the whole nine yards. However, since its my first offense.. after agreeing to $2,500 bond, I'm let go on my own recognances.
A year later... it has been continued AGAIN  ::) ... this time by my lawyer. He has recieved documents that we must look over.
I had been feeling sorry for myself ...even though I did ask to draw closer to God. But about a week ago something just broke in me and am finally feeling a layer of freedom that I hadnt felt in a long time! It is nice to be able to rejoice ... even in tribulation! AMEN !!

kweli

Re: Trials and Tribulation
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 10:42:11 AM »

Hello LadyRanae

What you are experiencing has got me astounded. I'm a little edgy because of your situation and what this could mean for you, but I'm happy for you because you've got Friends in High Places.

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice" Philippians 4:4

May He strengthen you in your trying time

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:37:11 PM »

Hello LadyRanae

What you are experiencing has got me astounded. I'm a little edgy because of your situation and what this could mean for you, but I'm happy for you because you've got Friends in High Places.

"Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice" Philippians 4:4

May He strengthen you in your trying time

Amen kweli! Words of wisdom right here!!

Love is here, love is now!

God bless you both,

Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 05:17:11 PM »

Hello LadyRanae

Your experience reminds me of Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego! What broke were the bounds that tied you! Glory to God! Your story came to mind as I was posting on the Forum in another section at http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,7249.0.html Reply # 14

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Heidi

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 10:28:20 AM »

To put it in laymens terms...just sit back and relax for God is in control.

LadyRanae

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 02:27:15 PM »

Amen to Arcturus and Heidi ... it is so true. God IS loosing the bonds and in control !!

Kweli... There is no reason to be edgy.. Fear is not from God. The word assures that God has a purpose and will use this situation for HIS glory. THAT is what it means for me.. to come to the end of myself so God's glory can shine through.

Many blessings to those who seek GOD's truth.. AMEN

winner08

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 04:01:49 PM »

I heard this before, but is it true? That fear is not of God? God wouldn't use fear in order to maby teach us something?

Darren

kweli

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 05:38:48 AM »

Fear is not from God.
True indeed. The way you are coping with your situation far exceeds what I would merely anticipate. But you are very right that we need to be unshaken in our faith in God to accomplish His Will. I'm learning a lot from you. Thanks indeed. This verse seems fitting:

Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried, and ye shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of Life.

Hello Darren

I've seen a verse that does say something like Fear is not from God. But 'I've seen'  is probably the mother of all heresy so here's one that's agreeable:

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

All Glory to Him

kweli

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 05:40:31 AM »

Great Scriptural observation there Arcturus

Amen Alex. His Words are wisdom

joyful1

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 07:11:25 AM »

Hi LadyRanae!  :D
My heart goes out to you....
You can't really go around telling people that you are innocent, because the world won't believe you anyway! But take comfort in knowing that God knows everything!! And its HIS opinion that really counts, afterall! :)
He never forsakes us, of that I am sure! May these words bring you comfort today!
Joyce :)

Roy Monis

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 11:27:26 AM »

I heard this before, but is it true? That fear is not of God? God wouldn't use fear in order to maby teach us something?

Darren

Hi! Darren

Us this of any help: "There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear, because fear hath punishment; and he that feareth is not made perfect in love, " (1Jn. 4:18). If we entertain fear then our quality of love is lacking. Yes it's true Babylon uses fear to keep its followers under bondage. Whereas the Truth sets you free:  “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (Jn.8:31,32).

And the Truth is Christ :  “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." (Jn.14:6).

And Christ is love.  So there you have it Darren, if you have love then you have Christ in you and if you have Christ then you have no cause to fear. 

God bless you my brother in our walk in Christ. 

Love in Christ Jesus.

Roy UK     
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.