bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Workers in the vineyard  (Read 4370 times)

Mark J.

Workers in the vineyard
« on: May 15, 2006, 05:47:02 AM »

Hi all

I was just reading Mat 20:1-16 and I was wondering what others thought about what Jesus was saying here.

The fact that the labourers were all paid the same at the end of the day regardless of how many hours of work they'd put in says to me that, it doesn't matter whether you have walked with Christ your whole life, or for twenty years, or two years, or finally receive Him on your deathbed.

Your Heavenly reward is the same.

I'm intersted in what others think.

God bless

Mickyd

Re: Workers in the vineyard
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:56:35 AM »

Quote from: Mark J.
Hi all

I was just reading Mat 20:1-16 and I was wondering what others thought about what Jesus was saying here.

The fact that the labourers were all paid the same at the end of the day regardless of how many hours of work they'd put in says to me that, it doesn't matter whether you have walked with Christ your whole life, or for twenty years, or two years, or finally receive Him on your deathbed.

God bless

I believe this applies to those who work for Christ.

Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

But here it sounds like some will recieve more reward than others.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

2 John 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

So how do we recieve a reward?

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 12:40:29 PM »

Hi all

God bless

I Think, what i can understand with the little knoweldge i have is that, This parable is like the Parable of The Kingdom of Heaven being like a bread of levan.

It is not completel until the whole levan has rised to the top. This parable also seems to be again refering to the ISREAL OF THE FLESH the ones that denied Christ. Just like the parable of Lazurus and the RIch man. The Fleshy Jews had the promise at first, and they stumbled over Christ and so God hardened there heart. Now the Promise is to the Gentiles. They had no one to work for but now they can come into the vineyard, and THE LAST (Gentiles) get there reward FIRST. The First (Fleshy Jews) get there reward last, and are kind of upset.

Thats what i see, i could be wrong, God forbid if i am He open my eyes to what is really giong on here.

ANyway God bless

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 12:40:55 PM »

Hi all

God bless

I Think, what i can understand with the little knoweldge i have is that, This parable is like the Parable of The Kingdom of Heaven being like a bread of levan.

It is not completel until the whole levan has rised to the top. This parable also seems to be again refering to the ISREAL OF THE FLESH the ones that denied Christ. Just like the parable of Lazurus and the RIch man. The Fleshy Jews had the promise at first, and they stumbled over Christ and so God hardened there heart. Now the Promise is to the Gentiles. They had no one to work for but now they can come into the vineyard, and THE LAST (Gentiles) get there reward FIRST. The First (Fleshy Jews) get there reward last, and are kind of upset.

Thats what i see, i could be wrong, God forbid if i am He open my eyes to what is really giong on here.

ANyway God bless

Alex

orion77

Workers in the vineyard
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 12:41:11 PM »

Mathew 20:1-16.  The spiritually minded should not be concerned with the amount of the reward, but that all will receive a reward.  The kingdom of heaven is not as the world does, so why should we be concerned with the amount of the reward, when we follow Him in hope and faith that all will, whether it be early in life, late in life, or through the lake of fire.  

It is not our place to say who gets what or when.  For we know in our ownselves we can do nothing anyway, it is all to His glory.  The greatest in the kingdom serve to minister to others, not to take glory over another.  

Having a mindset of thinking we will receive more of a reward than another, seems to be carnal in nature.  Truth is no matter how much I do or say does not get the reward, the reward comes through what Jesus says and does.  It's no longer I who live, but He who lives in me.  

Admittedly there may be differing degrees of rewards, but this is totally up to Him.  To think we deserve a greater reward than another, while in this life is what He is warning us about.  

Truth is, being all sinners, shouldn't we desire all to come to the knowledge.  Can we take credit for anything?  Should we deserve more than another?  I think this is what He is addressing.  Could be wrong, just my thoughts.

God bless,

Gary

Mark J.

Workers in the vineyard
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 01:21:18 PM »

hmmm...

A couple of interesting thoughts there.

The master of the vineyard did say in Mat 20:15 "Is it not lawful for me to do what I wish with my own things?"

So yes, I can see that perhaps the reward was not the point as such of this parable, but rather how God distributes them. It is for Him to decide.

I never had any concern about the amount of reward as such, I was just wondering if it was indeed an indication of how God was distributing them, and as has been suggested by Jesus on a number of occassions, The last will be first and the first will be last.

That brings it more into focus for me.

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.