bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just joined a few days ago  (Read 4482 times)

danaman1

Just joined a few days ago
« on: July 16, 2008, 12:48:39 AM »

Hello everyone....
my name is Dana,
I am a 39 year old male.
I have been reading the emails and responses, both good and bad. The scriptures are clear. "If they hated me, then they will hate you as well", the words of Jesus! I don't always agree with "Church" people, or the place I fellowship-ed (Cincinnati Church of Christ) for 18 years off and on over the course of my walk with our Lord. But the the Holy Spirit is clearly moving and stirring my heart. The things which I have read and heard from L. Ray, as well as others on this forum, as well as vid clips I found on youtube.com have opened up my spiritual eyes and ears for sure. I have a few friends that I stay in contact with, although most of them are not active in the fellowship of an organized church any longer. To be honest many of them are no longer trying to follow the rules of A,B,C to get to X,Y,Z results. I am spiritually hungry but find that even though I love the people where I used to attend, that power, and real Christianity seems to be missing. (wondering if this is) "having a form of Godliness, yet denying its power". If nothing else I am anything but consistent. My prayer life is weak, my bible study is as well (the things I have read have awakened something within me, as if not even my own choice). As stated before I am currently not attending Sunday worship as the Church of Christ would call it. Nor am I giving tithes, taking communion, etc. I have been more spiritually fed watching a man named Joseph Prince talk about Grace.....then I found this web site, while wrestling with how to be saved, and to please God. Not because I don't think those thing were not right(at least until my eyes were opened), but because I did not feel my life changing. I would keep committing the same sins. Mostly my lust and masturbation, with my thoughts fantasises, yet I am a virgin. I have had one girl friend. We would kiss and touch, with some heavy petting. For the most part we both knew we wanted to save most physical aspects of pleasure for marriage. As it turns out she left me and moved in with another guy, within about a year of leaving me. While I was with her my purity of heart and masturbation were almost non existant, or even lustful thoughts when I saw other beautiful women. I knew that God had blessed me and I loved her very much. She was all I needed in a woman. Nothing I have found in this life seems pure. Unless its of God, then its mostly appealing to carnality. God has always met my needs. whether poor, rich, sick. healthy always I could see God was in control. My basic needs are met. Food, clothing, shelter, and people that love me. God has used people, his word, sickness: Depression for 4 years, a shattered tibia bone, which led to me having to go Through physical therapy to use my leg again. I walk with a limp and scars from the surgery, and have coral and metal in my leg now as a result. Those things pale in comparison to knowing Christ, yet they have taught me good and evil, and I know that being tested in fire and pressure of life, is the goal of God. Making me into the image of his son Jesus is the goal. Just as a silver or goldsmith will burn off the dross......and until he sees his own image in the process of heating the work is not finished. This I know. God chastises those he loves. His ways are not my ways. He wants all of humankind to be saved and changed and with him. Satan attacks us only for this life, and his time is short, so he is filled with great anger! God created good and evil. His plan was to save us, with his son so our flesh would die. We are to live by faith. Anything not done by faith is sin.
Well there is much more that could be said. But I too know that were many words are present; sin is not absent!
I have much to learn.
Looking forward to growing, changing, and discovering our Lord more and more with all of you in Christ
Thank you.

D. Patric Hayes

Stevernator

Re: Just joined a few days ago
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 01:34:13 AM »

Hi Dana,
Welcome!  I'd like to encourage you to continue reading the material on this site. There is much to learn from including the lake of fire series, bible study transcripts such as WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS? & WHO IS HIS FATHER? . . . , How hard is getting saved and Repentance ( http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html ) , the paper on the trinity etc etc.

Thanks for posting and I look forward to hearing from you and I will leave you with this from 1 John.

1That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

3That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

4And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

5This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

6If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

-Steve

WhoAmI

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:35:32 AM »

Hey Dana,

Have peace in knowing God will and is getting you to where you need to go and be. The more your released from the religion of the Pharisee's the less you will be motivated by guilt and fear. Instead you will operate and be motivated by love. Don't forget that God REALLY does LOVE YOU! He's not like man with a carnal mind who wishes to punish with malice intent, he is working things out to better you and to help you. Keep striving!  :)

Jeff

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »

Hi Dana.

Glad you've hooked up here.  Keep on with your reading and study and continue to grow.  I look forward to fellowshipping with you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

OBrenda

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 09:32:31 AM »

Hi Dana and Welcome,

I liked your comment about the A,B,C to get the X,Y,Z's.
Even when we get the X,Y,Z we are not happy except for maybe a moment.  And if we understand that there is no free will, we know these formulas of Men (usually to benefit them) fall short from the Glory of God.  We are all a work in progress, praying and trusting God to remove the sinful nature in us! And to purify our motives to walk in God Like Love for all.  Sometimes that Love feels like a Hug, and sometimes it stings like a sword that cuts out the hateful diseased parts of us.

We are all on this path together, it is not for the faint of Heart!
Brenda

Samson

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:26:58 PM »

Hello Dana,

I understand what mean about Following the rules(usually man-made derived through implied reasoning from Scripture, but not explicitly clear) of A,B,C to achieve XYZ. I was part of a Denomination(Jehovah's Witnesses) for twenty years that practiced extreme legalism. They had rules to cover practically ever aspect in area's of employment, the sexual practices acceptable inside the Marriage relationship, Military Service, Entertainment, Medical procedures relating to Blood, Politics, Association with those outside the Denonmination and the list goes on. In many cases the penalty for violating these laws or rules could lead to expulsion from the congregation, but these so-called laws, many of which were derived from implied reasoning were considered as part of the necessary formula in " Working out ones Salvation with fear and Trembling". Although they admitted that Salvation was a free gift, they insisted that in order to receive this free gift, one must use their " Free Will " in order to benefit from this free gift.

Anyway, Glad to have you with us and Welcome aboard, looking forward to your comments in the days to come and fellowshipping.

Your Brother, Samson.

Heidi

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 06:44:19 AM »

Hi Dana....thank you for your honest and heartfelt post.  I look forward to getting to know you by reading your postings and replies.

Love in Christ
Heidi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 22 queries.