bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something To Make You Laugh  (Read 4084 times)

tebza4jesus

Something To Make You Laugh
« on: August 27, 2008, 06:43:18 AM »

Hi everyone!

I hope this post find you all having as good a time as I am having, if not better. If it happens you are not as "high" as I am, then let me share with you how I have been getting myself to laugh since I came to know the truths of God as taught by Ray.

It's quite simple really. I read the BOOK OF REVELATION and try to interpret it LITERALLY, ignoring the fact that it's a BOOK OF SIGNS as Ray has pointed out! It's quite funny, really!

Take for example, Revelation 12, talking about a woman clothed with the sun, wearing a crown of seven stars and the moon under her feet. Ha, what a joke? Can somebody draw that for me? How does a woman take a sun and clothe herself with it? Or wear a crown made of seven stars? I heard that even the smallest star that we 'know' is greater than earth itself. Now, how does an inhabitant of earth take, not only one star, but seven stars and put them on her head as crown? Ridiculous!

I can't believe that I used to be blind enough not to even see this. I laugh out loud when I see such things, especially when I come to think that not so long ago I believed that crap. Where was my mind? Funny yet sad at the same time.

And if, you don't want to waste your time just doing this for 'fun', then I tell you, I also use this when I share with people who are still trapped in the same lies that I was once trapped in. I normally start by telling them that Revelation is a book of signs, and of course, they refuse, but when I start showing them these Scriptures and asking questions which show just how ridiculous it is to try to interpret these Scriptures literally, they keep quiet and allow me to teach them, since they NOW realise that it seems like I know something which they don't.

But other than that, this is something to laugh about. You will see just how "blind" you and I were before God had  mercy on us and showed us the light.

Laugh out loud,
tebza4jesus

AK4

Re: Something To Make You Laugh
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »

You make me laugh too when i think back on it when i took everything literal in Rev.  A Seven head beast coming out of the sea and start ruling mankind all of a sudden, grasshoppers with blonde hair shooting fire out their butts. 

I think im getting "high" right now and its on 7:10 in the morning. 

I think thats a great way to get people to listen tebza.  I might have to try that sometime.

In Jesus,

Anthony

carol v

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:11:31 PM »

I have done this too Tebza but I like to use the "marriage supper of the lamb" scripture which is familiar to almost everyone. A wedding party for a farm animal? Nonsense. What are they serving for dinner?

aqrinc

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 01:12:41 PM »

As my Favourite commercial goes "Brilliant", God uses the Wisdom of man to confound
the wise and the Foolishness of Preaching to Save simple Man. Another Parable?
Rev: 17 . V 5 (And upon her forehead was a name written. MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT,
THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.) Read from there through
to V 14 and interpret literally, wow. I sat through many readings of these verses and tried
with all my imagination to picture it literally, got some weird yeti like stuff still running around
in my mind after many years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.