bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I need help  (Read 10505 times)

Robin

I need help
« on: September 02, 2008, 07:14:33 AM »

I'm just going through despair. My son is an alcoholic and drinking himself to death. He is in jail right now again. My daughter and grandchildren have chronic daily migraines and have all been down for 3 weeks now. The kids have spent their whole childhood suffering and we've tried everything and nothing has helped.

I feel so hopeless. It is so very hard to watch them all suffer. I know the answers to all this, but it doesn't help us all endure.

It is all so hopeless. Please pray for us. I just can't pray anymore. I've prayed for years and it is just not going to change. God's plan feels too hard right now. It has been so so long with so much suffering.

May God have mercy on my children.

OBrenda

Re: I need help
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:36:03 AM »

MG
You and your whole family are in my prayer!
Brenda

AK4

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:33:27 AM »

Hang in there M.G.  Its hard, but remember the Lord is always with you.

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 10:52:19 AM »

Hi M.G.

I am praying for you and your children.
I am 46 years old, my dad died from alcohol poisoning when he was 43.
I was never an alcoholic, instead I use to be a compulsive gambler. The Lord taught me a lot during my 20 year addiction.
Christ saved me from my addiction...............There is HOPE for all of us.

Your brother in Christ, John

AK4

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 04:17:42 PM »

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [’groaning and travailing in pain together until now’ Ver 22] are not worthy to be compared with the GLORY which shall be revealed in US" (Ver. 18).

Keep this in mind too, M G

youthfortruth

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 07:23:25 PM »

MG,

I was very troubled to read about your current struggles. I, like most, will keep you in my prayers. As one who was on the verge of giving it all up and jumping over a bridge in my OCD days, to now knowing that through faith,  willpower, and determination to outbeat the difficult, keeping hope alive can be a powerful thing.

God Bless you!!

"If you can't fly, run. If you can't run, walk. If you can't walk, crawl. But by ALL means keep moving"
    MLK                                                                       

Sirach

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »

MG,

Im very sorry to hear of your sorrow. It must be so painfull experiencing these kinds of things. My heart goes out to you, and i will pray for you. As a man, i probably can not understand a mothers grieve over children and grandchildren.

Have peace in Christ MG

Robin

carol v

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 08:40:49 PM »

M.G., I am so sorry to hear of your problems. I sympathize immensely as I have children who are having lots of serious issues myself.

I also have migraines myself and have spent years searching for a cure. I have never found a cure but there are things to look at that help the quantity of the headaches I have. Trigger foods and other allergies can play a part. Here's a great book:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=headache

The way you say that they are all down at the same time though makes me think there may be something in their house that is triggering this reaction. Cleaning fluids, new carpet or furniture or some food they are eating a lot of. Usually the food we crave the most, like wheat, is the thing we are most allergic to. But they add all kinds of nonstick, nonstain, inflammable stuff to carpet and furniture these days that are highly toxic to people with these sensitivities.

I won't recommend prayer to you. I know how trite it can sound when it's not working at this time. Let us take over that prayer for you. I am so sorry for the sound of such despair in your post.

God WILL have mercy on your children when His time is right. I know you've got lots of prayers being sent from here.

Carol

gmik

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »

MG I too am struck by your severe trials and your precious children. I don't get it but who am I but a mere mortal.

How MUCH more our heavenly Father loves his children.  Hide in Ps 91, repeat His promises of love and protection. I remember your prayer requests and testimonies and you have endured much more than I have or think I ever could.  Why??  I don't know.

Just know we love you and appreciate your wisdom and advice.  Lay your burden down and let us uphold you to the Throne.  Just please don't lose hope or give up.

Many people have had life changing experiences in jail.  Keep the faith hon!!!

Robin

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 10:18:28 PM »

Thank you all very much for your prayers. It really helps me to know I'm not praying alone when I feel so weak right now.

I will get the book Carol.

We really have done everything we can think of. There is no carpet or chemicals. We got special  pillows, magnets, sunglasses, wrist bans, the best air purifiers, a whole house water system. We've gone all organic and gluten free. They stay away from all the trigger foods. They've tried all the herbs, medications and all medication combinations. Chiropractor, Acupuncture, Bio Feedback etc.. From what we can tell it's the barometric pressure changes that trigger them the most. They can always tell us when a storm is approaching. It is the oddest thing I have ever heard of. That's why I'm pretty sure it must be designed by God.

My grandson was able to get up and walk today so I think your prayers helped.

Thank you so much!

I couldn't sleep last night and was sitting out on the patio and God put this song on my heart.

http://www.imeem.com/spankyrivera/music/DVEgtUSL/cast_of_sister_act_i_will_follow_him/

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »

Hi M.G.,

I'm still praying for you and know that the Lord will bring you through this difficult trial. 

I personally know that hopeless feeling when things seem to be going from bad to worse in our lives.  Yet, at the same time, knowing that God is in control and already knows the end from the beginning.  We just don't know the end result, which is frightening at times.

The last year of my life has been an extremely humbling and trying time for me.  At those times when I didn't feel like praying, I would just cry out for mercy.  I know what it feels like to be in a "spiritual" prison, a condition in which only the Lord can release you from.  No matter how hard I tried to wiggle my way out, it just didn't happen until God was ready to set me free.  I'm now coming out on the other side of that experience, and I will tell you, I am stronger now (spiritually) than ever before.

I know you know all of these scriptures, but these are a few that I meditate on during hard times:

Heb. 5:8  - "Although He was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered."

1Peter 4:12-13  - "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you."

Romans 8:35,37 - "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword?  vs. 37 - No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loves us."

Always remember, you are not alone!

René

Kat

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 01:49:24 PM »

Hi M.G.,

It is difficult to hear of your dispair and to realize how much you are suffering with your family's problems.  I am praying for your situation. 

I know you have probably checked into every site to find help in understanding the migraines and what can possible be done to help them.  Let me offer you this link, as it did seem to show all available treatments and possibly there is something there you have not seen.
http://www.qinpi.com/index.php?acc=1&cond_id=57&Pn=2&opt=showmore

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Robin

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 05:30:54 PM »

Thank you René and Kat.

That article was very helpful Kat.

I read it and had a long talk with my daughter and we think relocating might be an answer. The kids never had problems until we all moved to the valley we're in with extreme weather fluctuations. There were no headaches in the mountains or by the beach. That won't be easy with our business and jobs here, but we'll have to try it somehow.

WhoAmI

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »

Hi M.G.,

I like your honesty. You can know all the scriptures and the whole deal but your exactly right, there are times and some of them long times when there is nothing else to do but endure. I hope you get a break soon.

Jeff

chuckt

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »

I'm just going through despair. My son is an alcoholic and drinking himself to death. He is in jail right now again. My daughter and grandchildren have chronic daily migraines and have all been down for 3 weeks now. The kids have spent their whole childhood suffering and we've tried everything and nothing has helped.

I feel so hopeless. It is so very hard to watch them all suffer. I know the answers to all this, but it doesn't help us all endure.

It is all so hopeless. Please pray for us. I just can't pray anymore. I've prayed for years and it is just not going to change. God's plan feels too hard right now. It has been so so long with so much suffering.

dearest MG.

my aunt has a daughter in rehab, a son in jail, and another son commited suicide yrs ago. her husband left her a few yrs after marriage. she has a special needs grandson whom she adored and they now will not let her see him anymore....the list goes on.

she has been dealing with these things her whole life, she is one of the most beautiful souls i have ever seen and her faith is HUGE. she is like 65 now.

you my dear are not alone and my prayers are with you, find strength, and remember thru their sufferings  and your prayers God will get glory!

this old world is tuff and what we see isnt what is, God grant you peace thru this in the name of Yeshua Jesus the CHRIST.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time [are] not worthy [to be compared] with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

marten zender said, many of us will wish we sufferd more while on earth when we see the reality that will be revealed.

if you can, count it all joy, cast your cares upon HIM, and rejoice in your sufferings, yes, its easy to say i know, but my heart goes out to you for real, and GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!

inlove
chuckt

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 04:04:03 PM by chuckt »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 05:41:14 PM »

Dear MG

It is beyond overwhelming to see what you have been "caused" to endure and experience. That you can still communicate through such pain is a wonder.

I pray for your continued endurance to the end/.....for those who endure to the end shall share great benefits with Christ. You have come a long way already....

Peace and comfort to you
Arc

Linny

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 10:45:33 PM »

Dear MG,

I too am so sorry that you are going through this valley. May God lend you an extra measure of faith to come through it victoriously.

Sounds like you guys are doing a lot of great investigating and brainstorming about what to do about the migraines. It also sounds like you may have figured out the trigger. The only other thing that occurred to me that I didn't see mentioned was mold. I have had several friends that had to deal with mold issues lately.

You are being lifted up in prayer. May your troubles begin to diminish very soon...

Lin

Robin

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 11:27:56 PM »

Thank you all for your prayers.

They are going to rent out their home and move up to a near by mountain that has an elevation of 6000ft to see if that helps. It will be in the same school district and they will still have teachers for home hospital tutoring. The road is steep so it only takes 15 minutes to get up there so it won't affect anyone's job. It sounds like the best option for now.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 01:58:50 AM »

Hey M.G. I'm praying for you dear brother/sister in Christ!! Don't you worry, we've all been very fortunate here to witness the power of God's love through the stories, trials and hardships of our fellow body in Christ here at these forums and i know that miracles are not in short supply when it comes from the Father. I myself have witnessed a few, don't you worry one bit friend, God is with you. Just think of our Lord, His very human self here and how much love abound from Him, that same love is still their flowing, i will pray for you and your entire family dear friend. Be strong!! You are not alone, we love you very much and though we don't know your family, we send our love their way!

God bless you MG and your family!!

With much prayer and love in Christ,

Alex

Stevernator

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 03:07:55 AM »

Hi MG,
I am sad to hear your plight. I cannot imagine how it feels to see your loved ones suffer like that. I really hope that you and your family find comfort soon. I will be praying for you and your family.
Sincerely,
Steve
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.