bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the DAY of the Lord  (Read 4941 times)

Falconn003

the DAY of the Lord
« on: October 16, 2008, 03:33:24 AM »

How wonderful it is to read::

The Six Days Of Creation - Audio #7 . . . Nashville Conference 2008
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,8385.0.html

By the Grace of God, who sends us the Holy Spirit, giving us all understanding of this tiny, puny post i wrote way before the event, parallels the Spiritual knowledge given to the attendees of the Conference......

Glory be to God.

I believe it is worth a repeat, i hope other members do also.

Rev. 1:9-10
"I John, was in the isle that is called Patmos……I was in the spirit on the Lord’s Day"

Surly John was not there for a 24 hour day.
His body was still  " in the isle that is called Patmos.." But John's was in the spirit on the Lord’s DAY, at the same moment.

Rom. 8:9
"But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you"

As long as the Spirit of God is constantly dwelling, abiding, motivating, and controlling us, we are not in the flesh.

Being in the Spirit is a rise of our own Spirit to a higher realm of Jesus's Life consisting of mind, thoughts, will, obedience...etc.

Is the Day of the Lord, also The LIGHT of the Lord ? let the Holy Spirit show us this knowledge.

And for witnesses  we have :::

Genesis 1:5
God called the LIGHT DAY, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one DAY.

God is CONSTANT!!

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I AM the way, the truth, and THE LIFE: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is the LIFE.

Jn. 8:12
Jesus said, "I am the LIGHT of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the LIGHT of LIFE"

Mat. 5:14
"Ye are the LIGHT of the world!"

The Elect come into one LIGHT with Jesus, who is LIGHT of the world

Eph. 1:18
"the eyes of your understanding being enlightened, ye may know what is the hope of His calling, and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints"

I Thes. 5:4-5
"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that DAY should overtake you as a THIEF. Ye are all the children of LIGHT, and the children of the DAY: we are not of the night, nor of darkness"

Jesus comes as a Thief, one of many " I AM...." Jesus takes the form of.

Revelation 16:15
"Behold, I am coming like a THIEF. Blessed is the one who stays awake and keeps his clothes, so that he will not walk about naked and men will not see his shame."

Ok let us rekindle the ole' noggin unto Genesis again.

Genesis 1:1-3 
 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
 2 The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.
 3 Then God said, "Let there be LIGHT"; and there was LIGHT.

Jn. 8:12
Jesus said, "I am the LIGHT of the world:

Jn. 1:1,3
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made"

Let the Holy Spirit show the Scripture witnesses to DAY and LIGHT.

Now SPIRITUALY applied to " The DAY of the Lord "

Mat. 5:14
"Ye are the LIGHT of the world!"

The day of the Lord IS The LIGHT of the Lord.

The Elect would seem to fit the description of becoming " the DAY of the Lord ".

Thanks be to God for allowing the Holy Spirit too show us this knowledge.

Peace and understanding
Rodger

Heidi

Re: the DAY of the Lord
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:39:56 AM »

Hi there Falconn003,

"But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that DAY should overtake you as a THIEF. Ye are all the children of LIGHT, and the children of the DAY: we are not of the night, nor of darkness"

If Jesus is THAT DAY and if we are children of the LIGHT and God called the light DAY then that would make us children of the DAY (God)?

Also Mat. 5:14 "Ye are the LIGHT of the world!" so, the day (light) of the Lord if us?

Am I going down the right track thought wise?

Falconn003

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:54 AM »

Hi there Falconn003,

If Jesus is THAT DAY and if we are children of the LIGHT and God called the light DAY then that would make us children of the DAY (God)?

Also Mat. 5:14 "Ye are the LIGHT of the world!" so, the day (light) of the Lord if us?

Am I going down the right track thought wise?

We have yet to enter the Day, better said, We have yet to enter the Rest of God.

Hebrews 4
1 Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise REMAINS of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard

We still labor and suffer and have not cease our work, until God wills us to enter into the his Sabbath.

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach because we trust in the living
God, Who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe" - I Tim. 4:10

We are childern of the LIGHT, yet to mature((We are still GROWING in Spirit)), to enter into the DAY of the Lord.

I hope this is a bit clearer...

Peace
Rodger
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:43:35 AM by Falconn003 »

Heidi

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 06:04:07 AM »

Thanks Rodger, it is clearer.  It is as you said...."The Elect would seem to fit the description of becoming " the DAY of the Lord ".

Falconn003

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 01:35:32 PM »

Thanks Rodger, it is clearer.  It is as you said...."The Elect would seem to fit the description of becoming " the DAY of the Lord ".

The Sabbath

Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.