bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Banned From CARM Chat  (Read 5043 times)

Origen II

Just Banned From CARM Chat
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:35:30 AM »

I was so hurt.

They kept badgering me about what I believed, spreading lies about who Universalist were. I wouldn't give in and tell them what I believed outright, because I knew what they were going to do. I didn't wish to appease them.

Then one of the moderators did something I didn't expect. She kept badgering me and asking the same question over and over , "Are you a Universalist?"

I said, "What should matter is love and acceptance regardless of who I am." (something of this matter).

Then she said, "Don't play victim.".

After she continued on some more...finally she gave me an ultimatum saying, "Either tell us or you're banned".

Sad to say I was banned after asking her to "Please stop."

JesusOnly

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 05:42:11 AM »

Origen may not know this right now, but I witnessed what he wrote.  I was there and saw what happened.

After he was banned for the second time, he did try to come back, but they quickly made sure he didn't return again.

I then asked them if what they were saying about "universalists" was true because they were saying some nasty stuff after Origen was banned.  They said yes it was all true.  Then I asked if it was proper to paint all "universalists" with the same brush.  They affirmed we were all alike.  I then asked if they use this same logic with their fellow baptists, reminding them that there is much disagreeance amongst themselves with their ideas and doctrinal stances.  They then tried to justify their logic by basically saying, "but universalists.." bla bla bla.

At that point I decided to make a quick exit, letting them know that I had to repent after seeing that kind of display.

Sorry to hear that you were hurt Origen.

Ps.  Please guard your hearts against any root of sinning against these brethren who disagree with us.  We must remind ourselves to "love our enemies and do good to them that persecute us"

zander

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:49:26 AM »

I was banned from a similar Christian chat site.  Never go back.  Ever. Dont throw your pearls to the "dogs"

orion77

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 11:16:18 AM »

(Mat 5:10)  Blessed are they that have been persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 5:11)  Blessed are ye when men shall reproach you, and persecute you, and say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

(Mat 5:12)  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets that were before you.

(Gal 4:29)  But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, so also it is now.

(Gal 6:12)  As many as desire to make a fair show in the flesh, they compel you to be circumcised; only that they may not be persecuted for the cross of Christ.

Sorry, it hurt, OrigenII.  Take some peace in the words above.  You are in good company.  Now, we must forgive those who persecute us.  The spiritually minded, being in a carnally minded world will suffer persecution.  Gods way of showing us through experience, the correct way to treat others.

God bless,

Gary

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 10:17:42 PM »

Origin your not alone my friend, i was banned from the chat, from the forums, and well yea i just lurk around still putting in words of kindness and truth where the Lord wills it, however i do not confront the pharisees because they are blinded like no other.

God bless,

Alex

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2006, 02:03:56 AM »

I was banned from the chatroom a second time for being unable to finish a conversation resulting in me giving out my AIM address, which is considered "advertising" or some nonsense.

Yet, another person that night gave out his AIM address and did not get banned.

I asked the person why he didn't get banned. The guy said it depended on whether or not the person was a "heretic." Ironicly, calling someone a "heretic," contradicts their rule of no name-calling. I confronted them with this fact. They responded saying "do not question the mods," and by saying "a heretic is not a name, it is a sect."

Ha!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.