bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who was Noah and what did he do?  (Read 10902 times)

Kat

Re: Who was Noah and what did he do?
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 02:32:28 PM »

Santgem, I could not find a single verse that said getting drunk is a sin. Now there are quite a few verse that warn against drunkenness.

1Cor 6:10  nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Gal 5:21  envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Eph 5:18  And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

So it's clear that getting drunk is not approved of in the Scripture, but I did not see where it is considered a Sin. And with the case of Noah where "he became drunk," this does not make any indication that this is his normal behavior, but did happen with this certain incident. Even if it was considered a sin, this would only serve to show that Noah was a normal human being and was not sinless.

The lying naked part may have been a term meaning more than just unclothed. His drunken state had put Noah in a defenseless situation against whatever it was that his youngest son did. This whole incident, I believe is a parable, as we know these run throughout the Bible.

So how can the Bible say that Noah was a perfect and blameless person before the Lord during his generation? Noah was a shadow of the chosen elect, he was representative of them. The Scripture show how the elect are considered "perfect" by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Heb 13:20  Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
v. 21  Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.

Heb 10:14  For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified.

1John 2:5  But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him.

Now as the elect are perfect, because the Spirit of Jesus is indwelling therefore they are blameless.

1Th 5:23  Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now we know that Noah was a man of faith from the Scripture in Hebrews and the Spirit of God (not Jesus Christ at that time) was able to make him righteous.

Heb 11:6  But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
v. 7  By faith Noah, being divinely warned of things not yet seen, moved with godly fear, prepared an ark for the saving of his household, by which he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness which is according to faith.

By his faith (a gift of God) Noah was able to serve and please God. Noah was blameless, just as Abraham was (Gen. 17:1) and so was Job (Job 1:1,8; 2:3). So yes Noah was just as "perfect" in his serve to God as He wanted him to be.

Anyway that's what I got on this.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 03:32:46 PM »

I'm not following you on this one Kat.  The Scriptures you quoted in the beginning clearly make drunkenness a sin.

Of course Noah was a sinner as are all humanity.

All of the Old Testament figures are examples for the Elect, that is their purpose.  None of the OT great ones will be in the 1st Resurrection.  Jesus had not yet come and died for their sins.  Grace came by Jesus, and the OT figures were not under grace.  They will need to go through a future judgment in order to be perfected.

Kat

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 05:34:18 PM »

Okay John I have looked in the Scripture some more, earlier I could not find the connection, but now I think I have.

1John 5:17  All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

1Co 6:9  Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
v. 10  nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

So it is a sin to get drunk and as I said before, the case of Noah where "he became drunk," this does not make any indication that this is his normal behavior, but did happen with this certain incident. Even if it was considered a sin, this would only serve to show that Noah was a normal human being and was not sinless.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 05:48:56 PM »

Noah was carnal and did not have the spirit of God. He was not converted. Remember, the spirit of God made its first apperance with the apostles after Jesus ascended and sent them "the helper."

Until that point in time, no man had recieved such a gift.

So in this regard, noah was indeed carnal and only "perfect" in the eyes of other men. He was as good as it got as far as what the human carnal mind could achieve. He obeyed God but was far from converted and even then, his obedience was only because God caused  him to obey.

Noah will not be in the kingdom of heaven but will have to continue in correction at the judgement like the vast majority of humanity.

This is how I see it and I think its what John was also describing.

God bless,
Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

santgem

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2013, 08:27:10 AM »

Okay John I have looked in the Scripture some more, earlier I could not find the connection, but now I think I have.

1John 5:17  All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

1Co 6:9  Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
v. 10  nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

So it is a sin to get drunk and as I said before, the case of Noah where "he became drunk," this does not make any indication that this is his normal behavior, but did happen with this certain incident. Even if it was considered a sin, this would only serve to show that Noah was a normal human being and was not sinless.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Thanks Kat,
thanks John for the comment that makes kat adding more details in her explanations.

That is what i want to see and hear.....this would only serve to show that Noah was a normal human being and was not sinless

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Rom 3:23

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect  Mat 5:48

God inspires us to be perfect but nobody is perfect in this life except our Lord. For all have sinned, and there will be a time that sin will not have a dominion in our life for when God's judgment are in the earth we will learn righteousness. We will be perfected in the next life.

As God inspires us to be perfect but we all have shortcomings. Lord has given  us under his grace because nobody can make himself perfect and that grace of Him makes us perfect.

Ian 155

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 06:57:10 PM »

Hi Lisa,

It was interesting that God told Noah that the unclean beasts would be there (come unto thee) for him to put on board as they came to him, but we read that Noah had to take (is that draw?) the clean beasts.
Did Noah have to physically take the clean beasts (sounds like a tough directive!) but the unclean would just be available to him?

Peace,

Joe

Yeah famous quote....we are all beasts, getting a scrubbin - perhaps the water was the word [sword ] and the clean an dirty beasts are going to be the elect  - im guessing there will be a robe change.

Ian
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.