bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The beginning  (Read 13078 times)

mharrell08

Re: The beginning
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2010, 11:22:13 PM »

Close to perfect sense. God is Spirit Jo. 6:24 and Heb.12:9 says He is the Father of spirits. I see what Ray says about the living soul, still, God is Spirit and the father of spirits, does that not mean that even tho He made man a living soul, man first started out from God (who is spirit) that man was spirit first, coming out of God, before He made man a living soul?
1Co 15:45  so also it hath been written, `The first man Adam became a living creature,' the last Adam is for a life-giving spirit,
So then man was nothing before Gen.2:7 man was not even a spirit in "The Spirit" prior to becoming a living soul?
Im trying to understand how man was not a spirit or a part of God who is Spirit before becoming  a living soul.
Peace

Man is not a spiritual being, but a physical being. The scriptures tell us 'FIRST comes the physical, then comes the spiritual' [1 Cor 15:46].

Paul shows that our spiritual conversion, including receiving a spiritual body, is likened to agriculture:

1 Cor 15:35-38  But someone will say, “How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?” Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain—perhaps wheat or some other grain. But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body.

Paul says "you do not sow that body that shall be'. God did not make us spiritual beings then to be made into physical beings with an express purpose to be made BACK INTO spiritual beings. The Father is a farmer [John 15:1], Who is sowing physical beings into the earth NOT WITH THE BODY THAT SHALL BE. We are not RETURNING to a spiritual state that we once had.

The belief that mankind existed as spirit or spiritual beings first is to continue the lie that Satan told Eve: 'You shall NOT surely die'.

Marques

dave

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2010, 12:32:38 AM »

Yes, well and good, I do understand that, Yet if God is Spirit and all comes from Him, just what did He do or create that was not spirit first?
Col 1:17  and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.
There are just somethings that I have trouble with, I guess Im slow.

mharrell08

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »

Yes, well and good, I do understand that, Yet if God is Spirit and all comes from Him, just what did He do or create that was not spirit first?
Col 1:17  and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.
There are just somethings that I have trouble with, I guess Im slow.

That statement from Colossians 1:17 is not 'have consisted', but rather 'has its cohesion in Him':

Col 1:17  ...and He is before all, and all has its cohesion in Him. [CLV]

All things are in Him as He is in all things. I believe Ray likened this to fish in the water and water in the fish. Fish swim in the water but water flows through them as well.

The writer of Hebrews tells us EVERYTHING that is seen was made by that which is not seen [spirit]:

Heb 11:3  By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible [but rather by things which are invisible aka spirit]

The 'things which are seen' are physical things, not spiritual. And they were not spiritual first, they were made or created into physical things.

Like the passage says above, by faith we understand. Take your time, it'll come.

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2010, 10:44:08 AM »

Hi micah7:9

God tells us how He creates.

Psa 104:30  Thou(That’s God)sendest forth Thy Spirit,(That’s God’s Spirit) they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.

God sends HIS Spirit to create.

Isa 42:5  Thus saith God the LORD, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

We have no spirit until God gives us spirit, and we “walk therein.”

We are out of God,(Who is Spirit) in Adam,(who is flesh) and through Christ, we are to become as Christ, in image and likeness.

We are not fallen from perfection, we are on our way to perfection!

Blessings
Arc

dave

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2010, 03:46:40 PM »

"We are not fallen from perfection, we are on our way to perfection!"

Yes, I am seeing. Thank you. Peace and Love Through Jesus

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2010, 04:55:46 PM »

"We are not fallen from perfection, we are on our way to perfection!"

Yes, I am seeing. Thank you. Peace and Love Through Jesus

Amen!

Blessings to you brother
Arc
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.