bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ambition  (Read 22097 times)

lareli

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Ambition
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »

I saw a quote or a meme once that said, the definition of hell is this; on your last day the person you became meets the person you could have become.

I thought about it. "The person you could have become".

Of course I know there is no 'could have been' or 'should have been' because there's no 'free' will but If Christ were to appear to me today in the form of Christ in me and me in Christ.. if Christ were to appear to me as the Christ version of myself.. I would be ashamed and embarrassed. I know there's no hell as the Christians define it but I would be in hell.

Does this make sense?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 05:23:43 PM by largeli »
I’m just what you made God.. ~Kid Cudi

cheekie3

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2017, 05:25:40 PM »

largeli -

Thank you for sharing this:

George,

Do I know how to test it he desires of my heart.. I hope so. I think so. The desire to do what I know I should do is there but is desire enough? You point out that even the desire to do so isn't from myself but from God. I like that and I will give that more thought.

When I look into the mirror of my life I do not see Christ though and that's where this comes from. Now I'm not doubting that Christ paid the price and justified me and I'm not doubting that I will one day be saved, as will everyone. But I'm testing myself, examining myself, judging myself to see if The Kingdom of God is in me, and if Christ is in me now.

I see that I lack faith. Faith being action and not just an intellectual agreement that something is true. I'm going to ask God to give me faith.

Perhaps, He is putting you through His Consuming Fire - and will not let you go anyway but straight forward - and once you are out on the other side - He will Refine you like Silver - and place in your heart the assurance that you are craving - and all these doubts will be gone - as He (Christ) is Worthy - and it is He (Christ) in us that Our Heavenly Father sees, before He sees us - as Christ is Our Mediator - and prays and intercedes for us, to Our Heavenly Father.

I am sure that many on this Forum, your true Brothers and Sisters, are interceding with you, and for you.

Warmest Regards.

George

lareli

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2017, 05:26:48 PM »

largeli -

Thank you for sharing this:

George,

Do I know how to test it he desires of my heart.. I hope so. I think so. The desire to do what I know I should do is there but is desire enough? You point out that even the desire to do so isn't from myself but from God. I like that and I will give that more thought.

When I look into the mirror of my life I do not see Christ though and that's where this comes from. Now I'm not doubting that Christ paid the price and justified me and I'm not doubting that I will one day be saved, as will everyone. But I'm testing myself, examining myself, judging myself to see if The Kingdom of God is in me, and if Christ is in me now.

I see that I lack faith. Faith being action and not just an intellectual agreement that something is true. I'm going to ask God to give me faith.

Perhaps, He is putting you through His Consuming Fire - and will not let you go anyway but straight forward - and once you are out on the other side - He will Refine you like Silver - and place in your heart the assurance that you are craving - and all these doubts will be gone - as He (Christ) is Worthy - and it is He (Christ) in us that Our Heavenly Father sees, before He sees us - as Christ is Our Mediator - and prays and intercedes for us, to Our Heavenly Father.

I am sure that many on this Forum, your true Brothers and Sisters, are interceding with you, and for you.

Warmest Regards.

George

I appreciate it George.

lareli

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2017, 05:28:01 PM »

I remember ray saying in audio or email.. the importance of having a clean conscience. He was stressing the importance of it. Anyone know where he said this?

Porter

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »

I think this is the one largeli.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,12896.0.html

Now listen to this.

1John 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have BOLDNESS in the day of judgment…

That’s good. Because you know how I emphasize over and over and over again, have a clean conscience. Don’t do anything, don’t say anything, don’t go anywhere where you are going to feel bad about it tomorrow. DON‘T DO IT!

You live this way and you will have “boldness” in the day of judgment. You won’t be shaking in your boots, because you know… they know you’re not perfect, of course you will, you know you have made mistakes and your carnality popped up once in a while, sure it has. But you will know where your heart and your mind was. You’ll know and you will have boldness in the day of judgment.
------

Gotta admit, this is the first time I've ever been able to understand what that means. It's pretty amazing.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

lareli

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2017, 09:08:33 PM »

Now listen to this.

1John 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have BOLDNESS in the day of judgment…

That’s good. Because you know how I emphasize over and over and over again, have a clean conscience. Don’t do anything, don’t say anything, don’t go anywhere where you are going to feel bad about it tomorrow. DON‘T DO IT!

You live this way and you will have “boldness” in the day of judgment. You won’t be shaking in your boots, because you know… they know you’re not perfect, of course you will, you know you have made mistakes and your carnality popped up once in a while, sure it has. But you will know where your heart and your mind was. You’ll know and you will have boldness in the day of judgment.
------

Gotta admit, this is the first time I've ever been able to understand what that means. It's pretty amazing.

Porter that must be the one.. Thank You for finding that!

lareli

« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 06:59:26 PM »

Now listen to this.

------

Just an observation, Ray listed the negative when admonishing to have clean conscience. He said 'don't, don't, don't..' (negative) Christ said of those who called Him 'Lord' that they failed to 'Do' (affirmative) not that they failed at 'don't..'

He said 'why do you call me 'Lord' but don't do what I say..'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.