bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Persecution  (Read 668 times)

Doug

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Persecution
« on: December 20, 2018, 04:52:06 PM »

Living in the United States with our laws and protections from persecution it is rare. Yes, there have been things said to me in the past that were not kind but certainly not what I would consider persecution.

In Acts 10:32 talks of being oppressed by Satan. To me oppression and persecution are the same. My question is can our persecution come from Satan either thru physical, mental or spiritual means? I have never thought of persecution coming from Satan but this seems to be very logical. Seems to me Job was persecuted by Satan. I do not think Ray ever spoke of this but I forget more than I can remember.

Doug

Dave in Tenn

• Administrator
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Persecution
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 09:57:15 PM »

I don't have esword with me at the moment, but there is scripture in The Revelation about Satan accusing the brethren day and night.  I don't mean to cast aside or minimize other forms of persecution, but day and night at least three times a week, he (through his ministers) accused this brethren with a "gospel" that was not only destructive, but impossible.  And I am certainly not alone dealing with this.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »

Thanks for this post Doug, I'm sure many are confused about being persecuted, especially those of us who live where laws are in place to protect our religious freedom.

I think this is what Dave was referencing.

Revelation 12:9-11 (KJV)

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 11:01:23 PM »

Here's one more, sounds very accusing to me.

Job 2

4 And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.

5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Joel

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 05:17:16 PM »

Persecution? Here's food for thought, and The New Living Translation is pretty clear. (husband and wife)

1st Corinthians 7:5 Do not deprive each other of sexual relations, unless you both agree to refrain from sexual intimacy for a limited time so you can give yourselves more completely to prayer. Afterward, you should come together again SO THAT SATAN WON'T BE ABLE TO TEMPT YOU BECAUSE OF YOUR LACK OF SELF CONTROL.

Joel

Doug

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 11:58:43 AM »

Thanks everyone for your responses. It has actually been very helpful in my understanding.

Doug

ralph

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »

Believe me when I tell you that persecution is alive and well.  One doesn't have to be stoned or thrown in prison to experience persecution.  I have experienced much persecution in my life mostly from friends and family members, but also from strangers.  I say this not to boast as if I am something special, but to witness to the fact that it exists.  All you need to do is comment on any video that is preaching about the existence of Hell.  Leave a truthful comment and they will attack and condemn you for it.  The closer you are with Christ, the more it will show in your every day life and people will begin to despise you for it.

Heidi

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2019, 04:22:20 AM »

Email from Ray dating 2007:

Hello Ray:

Thank-you for the quick reply on my question.
        I would like to ask you another question on the same subject.

If we as Truth believers , (and I consider myself to be blessed in the true knowledge of Gods Holy Scriptures-- thanks to you and my Lord&Savior, Jesus Christ) are not persecuted according to what scripture teaches , then, are you saying that we are not true followers of Christ?

Maybe I' am a little confused on what the word  persecution means in a scriptural sense. I dearly love God and His Holy Word and would not have it any other way,  but,  people that are close to me and know how I feel about my beliefs do not persecute me for the knowledge that I have obtained concerning the truths of God.

Could you please elaborate a little more on this subject Ray?

Thank-You
Your brother in Christ,
Mark

Dear Mark:
I could, but I really don't have the time, and this is a no-brainer. The Scriptures tell us that:

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Look up the word "persecution" in any dictionary and then ask yourself if that definition is happening to you?  If not, then you may not be"living godly in Christ Jesus."  I knew a pastor/teacher who stated before his death (in his late seventies), how thankful he was that we live at a time where there is "NO RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION," and that he had never been persecuted for obeying God.  Oh really?  Everyone I have ever known who "lived godly in Christ Jesus" SUFFERED PERSECUTION.  And I do believe that I can personally speak from experience in this matter myself.  Maybe your time just hasn't come yet, or maybe your obedience and conversion is not showing. When it SHOWS, people will persecute you.

God be with you,
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

ralph

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 12:38:14 AM »

Hello Heidi.   Thanks for sharing Ray's email and for witnessing to the truth!  God Bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 27 queries.