bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job 14:12  (Read 4400 times)

sojourner

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
Job 14:12
« on: May 29, 2007, 01:51:27 AM »

Job 14:12 has been bothering me since it was mentioned it at the conference. What I am beginning to see is  that the first Resurrection is to be rulers with Christ, but the rest of the dead will not rise till the heavens be no more and that seems to be in Rev 21:1 when they are replaced with a new heaven and new earth and the last enemy death will be destroyed.

Job 14:10  But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he?

Job 14:11  As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up:

Job 14:12  So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep.

Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished.

Job 14:13  O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me!

Job 14:14  If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

1Co 15:26  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

It looks as though the second Resurrection will be in the presents of New Jerusalem the Holy City. 

Any Comments?

A brother in Christ
Sojourner.

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Job 14:12
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 04:48:10 PM »

Sojourner,

As mentioned in another thread, Revelation 20:5 is probably spurious: http://www.bibletoday.com/htstb/spurious.htm.

Something that Arcturus said comes to mind:

For me, the resurrection to life begins when we die in our sins not our body.
(My emphasis)

I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. (1Co 15:31 KJV)

Every single human being will be purified (become dead to sin) in the Lake of Fire. We do not rise (spiritually) until OUR heavens are no more:

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. (Rev 21:1)

When we are spiritually purified we are not dead (spiritually) anymore:

But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead [spiritually] bury their dead [physically]. (Mat 8:22 KJV)

Freedom from sin also means freedom from death:

So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. (1Co 15:54-56 KJV)

When there is no more sin, there will be no more death. The ultimate goal is spiritual life, not physical life:

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. (1Co 15:44 KJV)

[To be continued, I guess...]
 ;)
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

seminole

Re: Job 14:12
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 05:44:20 PM »

I always believed that when the breath stops on this side, the Spirit goes to the Father.
Nole
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.