bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: E-Sword Help & Questions  (Read 6794 times)

JohnMichael

E-Sword Help & Questions
« on: April 17, 2011, 03:47:46 PM »

I must be doing something wrong, or I didn't download the right dictionary. I believe Ray when he says "Aion/Aionios" were properly translated into "age" or "pertaining to an age." However, here is what Strong's lists as the meaning for Aionios copy/pasted directly from E-Sword.

G166
αἰώνιος
aiōnios
ahee-o'-nee-os
From G165; perpetual (also used of past time, or past and future as well): - eternal, for ever, everlasting, world (began).

Leads me to think that Strong was perverting meanings to further the "eternal punishment" (IE: Hell) false doctrine. Therefore, is there a greek/hebrew dictionary for E-Sword that properly translates "Aion/Aionios?"

Thanks,
John

PS - "olam" is the hebrew equivalent of "aion" in greek, correct?

PSS - Is this correct or another example of "tampering"

Mat 25:46 (Ferrar Fenton's Bible in Modern English 1903) And these He will dismiss into a long [G166] correction, but we the well-doers to an enduring [G166] life.

But in John 3:16, he translates it as "eternal"

For God so loved the world that he gave the only-begotten Son, so that everyone believing in Him should not be lost, but have eternal [G166] life.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:17:18 PM by JohnMichael »

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
Re: E-Sword Help & Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 04:56:07 PM »

You don't have to go outside of Strong's to see his malfeasance on this.  

G166
αἰώνιος
aiōnios
ahee-o'-nee-os
From G165;......

Well lets see what he says that the root word (G165) that aiōnios comes from means.

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end).

So the very first thing that he tells us about the root word 'aion' is that it is properly translated as an 'age' or a 'period'.  Now then.  How can the root word which means an age or period of time (finite) be turned into something that means eternal (infinite)?  Not only that he contradicts himself further on in his definition of aion.  On one hand he translates it's as an age or period of time and then on the back end he calls it 'eternal' or '(began, without end)

The scriptures never contradict but Mr. Strong shows his bias and in his desperation to turn the word into 'eternal' he contradicts himself even in the meaning of the root word itself.  He tries to have it both ways.  He must of got a heck of a headache on that one hoping that nobody would notice.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:58:26 PM by Arion »

JohnMichael

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:00:05 PM »

You don't have to go outside of Strong's to see his malfeasance on this.  

G166
αἰώνιος
aiōnios
ahee-o'-nee-os
From G165;......

Well lets see what he says that the root word (G165) that aiōnios comes from means.

G165
αἰών
aiōn
ahee-ohn'
From the same as G104; properly an age; by extension perpetuity (also past); by implication the world; specifically (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future): - age, course, eternal, (for) ever (-more), [n-]ever, (beginning of the, while the) world (began, without end).

So the very first thing that he tells us about the root word 'aion' is that it is properly translated as an 'age' or a 'period'.  Now then.  How can the root word which means an age or period of time (finite) be turned into something that means eternal (infinite)?  Not only that he contradicts himself further on in his definition of aion.  On one hand he translates it's as an age or period of time and then on the back end he calls it 'eternal' or '(began, without end)

The scriptures never contradict but Mr. Strong shows his bias and in his desperation to turn the word into 'eternal' he contradicts himself even in the meaning of the root word itself.  He tries to have it both ways.  He must of got a heck of a headache on that one hoping that nobody would notice.

Guess no one told him he couldn't have his cake and eat it too. :)

JohnMichael

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 11:04:15 PM »

I have a major question, and I really need some help from you all on this. I hope I am not being a nuisance with all my questions of late. Part of me is hesitant to ask because I fear that my questions are becoming a bother.

How do you guys/gals handle when you mess up and commit a sin even when you know it is one? How do you deal with scenarios when "the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak?" There are a few topics I'm going to ask about. I hope I'm not being a pest.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

Mat 12:31 (BME) Because of this, I tell you, Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven to men; but the blasphemy of the Spirit will never be forgiven to men

v.32 And if one gives expression to a thought against the Son of Man, he may be forgiven; but if one shall speak insultingly of the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither at the present time, nor in the future.

Mark 3:29 ...but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit has no release in the present age, but is guilty of a perpetual sin

When I was out in the world, I said some bad things against Christ because I was angry. I felt like He'd betrayed me, so I was very nasty in some things I said. I haven't said any of those things, and I've repented of them, since coming to know the truth, but sometimes I wonder if I've been guilty of this, and it scares the cr*p out of me.

Willingly, willfully sinning -

Heb 6:4-6 For those who have been once enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift, and been partakers of Holy Spirit, and have tasted the noble plan of God, and power of a future age, and have fallen away - it is useless to renew them into a change of mind; - they having by themselves crucified afresh the Son of God, and openly disgraced Him

Heb 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, then, think you, will he be considered worthy who treads under foot the Son of God, and holds the blood of the settlement by which we are made holy, unholy, and insults the spirit of the gift!

2 Pet 2:20 If, however, having escaped from the defilements of the world through the comprehension of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again recaptured, then their last condition has become worse than the first.

and many more verses. They scare me senseless. I read verses such as where Jesus said "except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the Pharasees (etc), you shall not inherit the kingdom of God," and it frightens me. I have this feeling that I have to be perfect, never mess up, never make a mistake, never even think about sinning, and when I do mess up, I can't help but think, "Did I just blow it? Am I disqualified now? Do I have a reservation in the Lake of Fire now?" I'm being dead serious.

I pray for patience because I know I can't do anything without Him, in fact, He's the one doing it, not me. I ask for peace, and some days are better then others while other days I'm terrified senseless. I pray for perfect love to cast out fear. When the mistakes happen, I ask for forgiveness immediately, several times - as if my very next breath depends on it. How do the rest of you handle these fears? I really need to know.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:12:32 PM by JohnMichael »

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 12:09:00 AM »

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit

Mat 12:31 (BME) Because of this, I tell you, Every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven to men; but the blasphemy of the Spirit will never be forgiven to men

v.32 And if one gives expression to a thought against the Son of Man, he may be forgiven; but if one shall speak insultingly of the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither at the present time, nor in the future.

Mark 3:29 ...but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit has no release in the present age, but is guilty of a perpetual sin

When I was out in the world, I said some bad things against Christ because I was angry. I felt like He'd betrayed me, so I was very nasty in some things I said. I haven't said any of those things, and I've repented of them, since coming to know the truth, but sometimes I wonder if I've been guilty of this, and it scares the cr*p out of me.

That's not what blasheming the Holy Spirit is, so no need to worry about that. It is based on speaking/believing that God's good works are actually evil. Ray has an email reply for more detail, I'm sure another member will post.

Willingly, willfully sinning -

Heb 6:4-6 For those who have been once enlightened, and tasted of the heavenly gift, and been partakers of Holy Spirit, and have tasted the noble plan of God, and power of a future age, and have fallen away - it is useless to renew them into a change of mind; - they having by themselves crucified afresh the Son of God, and openly disgraced Him

Heb 10:29 Of how much worse punishment, then, think you, will he be considered worthy who treads under foot the Son of God, and holds the blood of the settlement by which we are made holy, unholy, and insults the spirit of the gift!

2 Pet 2:20 If, however, having escaped from the defilements of the world through the comprehension of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again recaptured, then their last condition has become worse than the first.

and many more verses. They scare me senseless. I read verses such as where Jesus said "except your righteousness exceed the righteousness of the Pharasees (etc), you shall not inherit the kingdom of God," and it frightens me. I have this feeling that I have to be perfect, never mess up, never make a mistake, never even think about sinning, and when I do mess up, I can't help but think, "Did I just blow it? Am I disqualified now? Do I have a reservation in the Lake of Fire now?" I'm being dead serious.

I pray for patience because I know I can't do anything without Him, in fact, He's the one doing it, not me. I ask for peace, and some days are better then others while other days I'm terrified senseless. I pray for perfect love to cast out fear. When the mistakes happen, I ask for forgiveness immediately, several times - as if my very next breath depends on it. How do the rest of you handle these fears? I really need to know.

Jesus says to 'be of good cheer, I have overcome the world' [John 16:33]. And if He overcame it, that gives us assurance that we can overcome, because His Spirit dwells in us.

Read and/or listen to the 2009 bible conference notes. We don't have to live in fear just because we can't stop sinning. The backbone of Babylon doctrine uses that fear but there is 'no condemnation to those who are in Christ' [Rom 8:1].

Hope this helps,

Marques

JohnMichael

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 01:10:51 AM »

Thank you, Marques. That helped tremendously. I guess I need to start asking God to cut that Babylonian Fear yoke off/out of me.

John

arion

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 01:39:38 AM »

If your worried about having committed the 'unforgivable' sin quit worrying about it.  Because first of all if you had committed it then God wouldn't be working in your life in this age and the things of God would be the last thing on your mind.  The very fact that you are concerned and conscious about these things is the proof that you have not committed this sin.

G. Driggs

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »

Hi JohnMichael,

Here is an email reply from Ray I found to be very encouraging, on top of the encouragement you've already received.

http://www.bible-truths.com/email11.htm#stop

In one of your e-mails you said that God expects us sin, which means he's not disappointed or angry with us?

The question here is: Everytime I sin, I ask forgiveness and repent. I feel that it's not working (repenting, asking forgiveness, etc). Am I doing something wrong?

[Ray Replies]

Dear Jeff:

Unfortunately, there is not a magic bullet that will instantly clean us of all sin and bad habits. Even the physical analogies of this spiritual washing, purging, and cleaning of our carnality, indicate that time is required. It takes time to wash clothing, it takes time to purify gold and silver in a furnace, etc.

The penalty of sin issue can be settled in your heart and mind the instant you come to realize that Jesus PAID IN FULL the penalty for your sins and all the sin of the world. However, paying the penalty for sin does not instantly PURGE AND WASH US CLEAN OF SIN. The penalty is paid, but the condition lingers.

The more you SEE your sins and shortcomings, the more you will DESIRE to rid yourself of these things. We are crucified WITH CHRIST, yet we live, but the life we live is one of OVERCOMING THE SINS FOR WHICH WE AND CHRIST DIED FOR.

We have been HAND-PICKED by God to be in His kingdom. Now we must go through the training course that He has set before us.  Jesus said that He overcame THE WORLD. We too are to overcome THE WORLD. It's a HUGE task, that requires the power of SPIRIT to accomplish.

Don't become discouraged in well-doing. You will triumph in Christ if you have His spirit working in you. God will even give you the DESIRE to want to do right and be right.

This life is a life of SPIRITUAL WARFARE. There will be many battles before the final victory. So we must endure and we must overcome. For those whom God has chosen, this will be accomplished!

God be with you,

Ray

--------------------

Be patient and wait for God. It's not easy, getting saved will be the hardest thing you will ever do. You can do it through Christ.

I think I know how you feel, and it's good to feel what you are feeling. Hopefully what you are feeling about your sins will make you want to change.

Stop condemning yourself, it's never too late to make a change, contrary to what the Babylonian Church would have us believe.

1Jn 2:1  My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1Jn 2:2  And He is the propitiation concerning our sins, and not concerning ours only, but also concerning the sins of all the world.

1Jn 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1Jn 3:19  And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1Jn 3:20  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jn 3:21  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

Im not saying you would, but don't let this give you a license to sin.

Jesus understands your weakness, because He has been tempted in every way like us. (Heb 4:15-Mat 4:1) Because He understands, He is totally able to help you. We all slip now and then, but I honestly dont think Jesus would hold that against us. Nobody is perfect, but that is no excuse not to try. Keep trying, and fail as you may, get back up and try again. As Ray has said, keep walking with Jesus until you stop sinning.

It takes His power to make us stand when faced with the ugly beast in all of us. If Jesus is working in you He will not let you down, He will finish the work He has started in you. We still must fight, but with Jesus leading the charge we cant lose.

Deu 20:3  And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;
Deu 20:4  For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

2Co 4:14  Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.
2Co 4:15  For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
2Co 4:16  For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

Sincerely hope this helps.

G.Driggs

JohnMichael

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:32:13 PM »

Arion wrote:

If your worried about having committed the 'unforgivable' sin quit worrying about it.  Because first of all if you had committed it then God wouldn't be working in your life in this age and the things of God would be the last thing on your mind.  The very fact that you are concerned and conscious about these things is the proof that you have not committed this sin.

Very good point.

G. Diggs wrote:

Stop condemning yourself, it's never too late to make a change, contrary to what the Babylonian Church would have us believe.

1Jn 2:1  My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.
1Jn 2:2  And He is the propitiation concerning our sins, and not concerning ours only, but also concerning the sins of all the world.

1Jn 3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
1Jn 3:19  And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.
1Jn 3:20  For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
1Jn 3:21  Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

Im not saying you would, but don't let this give you a license to sin.

Oh no worries on thinking I have a blank check to go out and throw righteousness to the wind. Never. These things that God is doing in me that I can see already are more precious than diamonds, and I wouldn't trade them for any fleeting pleasure.

I think Babylon got that fear yoke drilled into me nice and deep - and now the battle is on (so to speak). :) It's been served notice:

2 Tim 1:7 For the Spirit which God has given us is not a spirit of fear, but one of power and of love and of sound judgement.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 07:37:28 PM by JohnMichael »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 23 queries.