bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Author Topic: End Time Prophecies  (Read 324549 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Re: End Time Prophecies
« Reply #360 on: July 06, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »

Wanda, I suppose I am a little less convinced that "babylon the great" has fallen in us, from some (not all) of the responses in this thread.  And it seems that some have read nothing but the towers paper.

I've read all of Ray's papers  some more than others, as the spirit moves. As for Babylon the great falling in us,. I see it has begun to crumble within me, but I suspect it has a ways to go yet.  Maybe that's what we're seeing in the world right now, Babylon is beginning to crumble but has a way to go before it actually falls. We know God will reveal what he reveals, no matter what any of us may think.

I  sometimes wonder if there are others, not  here among us, that have overcome, and if so, perhaps God's work is complete or near completion in that regard. I rarely even consider being one of God's chosen myself, but if I am, no one will be more shocked than me.

Specifically, Peter wrote:

2Pe 1:19  And we are having the prophetic word more confirmed, which you, doing ideally, are heeding (as to a lamp appearing in a dingy place, till the day should be breaking and the morning star should be rising) in your hearts,
2Pe 1:20  knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture at all is becoming its own explanation."

Well, are "we knowing this?"  Really?

Perhaps not,. I'll give it carefull consideration.

I do know that reading God's word is not the same as hearing  it. It's not the word to any of us until, after “eating” it,  whereby the holy spirit turns it from flesh to spirit, from words on a page to revelation in the heart.

I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2019, 11:44:59 AM »

I know you all are aware of what has happened in California within the last several days, with 2 major earthquakes striking within 48 hours of each other. When was the last time those set of circumstances happened? How fortunate for them that neither one of those quakes struck a major population center! Scripture has both the natural application, which the many can understand, and the spiritual application, which only God''s Elect can understand, and so here are the shortened version of those witnesses:

"...earthquakes in divers places..."  (Matthew 24:7 and Mark 13:8 and Luke 21:11)

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2019, 01:27:54 PM »

There were two here in Canada off the coast of British Columbia also at the day.

Re. California quake , it was nice to here the fire chief or whoever that was ,say,
“ Only by the grace of God, there were no casualties.”

In Rays book he writes, quote, “God have mercy upon our stupid and foolish hearts for
ever believing that your OWN CREATION  could wreck and destroy your own creation.

NOW A FEW BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF WHAT GOD CAUSES

EARTHQUAKES
FLOODS
PLAGUES AND DISEASE
POVERTY
FAMINE
AFFLICTIONS
THE SWORD
WAR
DESTRUCTION
PESTILENCE
HAIL
ICE, COLD, AND FROST
KILLING,SLAUGHTER,
CALAMITY
WIND
GRIEF
FIRE,
FOREST FIRES
WILD BEASTS
EVIL

AND RAY GIVES SCRIPTURE AND VERSE ON EACH ONE.

ANOTHER QUOTE AT THE END OF THIS LIST FROM RAY

“ DO YOU COMPREHEND WHAT YOU HAVE READ? DO YOU REALLY?  WELL IF YOU HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT YET , LET ME MAKE IT CLEAR.THINGS DONT JUST HAPPEN ON THIS EARTH OR IN THE UNIVERSE;
RATHER GOD MAKES THEM HAPPEN.HE CAUSES THEM TO HAPPEN , HE BRINGS THEM ABOUT.

,,,,,,,,,according to the purpose of Him [God] Who works) Greek aiorist tense, past present and
future) ALL things after the council of His own will. EPH.1:11

I listened to the audio, End time prophecy part 2 , in keeping with the theme of this thread.
It answered many questions I had been pondering. Also I will give a plug for Rays book.
THE LAKE OF FIRE, It’s Awesome. Either I missed a lot from reading it online or there
are many new things added.

God Bless all of you
In Christ , Pamela

PS, didnt know how to stop the underline thingy , it was supposed to be only under the word
Makes. 🥴❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

indianabob

« Reply #363 on: July 07, 2019, 02:49:14 PM »

Good comment Dennis,

I have a question about that scripture that one member mentioned to me.

Does that scripture say or attempt to say that "only the elect will be saved"?
= =
Or rather does it say that for the elect's sake, "some or a part of humanity will be saved alive by Jesus coming to intervene"?
= =
I would appreciate some clarification on that point...
Will there be a residue of fleshly humans remaining on the planet to occupy it during Jesus' reign?

Indiana Bob

People in every generation believe they are living in the end times. Except now this can come true:

Mat 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Even a limited nuclear exchange between countries like India and Pakistan could be enough to kill every human being on the planet (Chernobyl radiation is still circulating the earth).

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2019, 02:54:50 PM »

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Two terms here interest me: Hearing and diverse places.

Just a few hundred years ago it took months for news to travel a few thousand miles and most of the news from diverse places was never heard.

But now we can hear about anything on the planet in a few seconds. This is directed to this age IMO.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2019, 03:07:26 PM »

Good comment Dennis,

I have a question about that scripture that one member mentioned to me.

Does that scripture say or attempt to say that "only the elect will be saved"?
= =
Or rather does it say that for the elect's sake, "some or a part of humanity will be saved alive by Jesus coming to intervene"?
= =
I would appreciate some clarification on that point...
Will there be a residue of fleshly humans remaining on the planet to occupy it during Jesus' reign?

Indiana Bob

People in every generation believe they are living in the end times. Except now this can come true:

Mat 24:22  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Even a limited nuclear exchange between countries like India and Pakistan could be enough to kill every human being on the planet (Chernobyl radiation is still circulating the earth).

That scripture says 'flesh' and does not limit it to the elect. Besides, the elect will become judges and spirit beings, and have no need for the physical earth any more than Jesus needs a physical earth.

There are many scriptures that imply humanity will continue.

Isa 11:6  The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Isa 11:7  And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

Isa 11:8  And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

Isa 11:9  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

indianabob

« Reply #366 on: July 07, 2019, 08:38:47 PM »

Thanks Dennis for adding that info.
Some seem to state on other web sites that all flesh will be destroyed or changed to spirit and only Satan will remain on earth as his prison while events progress in the heavenlies until a following eon.
Didn't see the logic in that understanding so I asked.
Much appreciated. Bob

Porter

« Reply #367 on: July 07, 2019, 11:53:28 PM »

Mat 24:6  And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mat 24:7  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Two terms here interest me: Hearing and diverse places.

Just a few hundred years ago it took months for news to travel a few thousand miles and most of the news from diverse places was never heard.

But now we can hear about anything on the planet in a few seconds. This is directed to this age IMO.

Sincere question, how do we know those verses are not parables? I've always had trouble discerning the difference between the  literal and spiritual, hence the question.

Is it possible, those verses you posted are parables explaining the tribulation of God's Elect? Here's a few verses that got me thinking this may be the case.

2Co 10:3  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

Jas 4:1  What is the source of the wars and the fights among you? Don't they come from the cravings that are at war within you?

1Pe 2:11  Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul;

Rev_11:7  And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev_12:7  And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev_12:17  And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

By the way, the word 'various' and or 'divers' from Matthew 24:7 is not in any of the literal translation of Scripture. Most of the time it's translated just as "place". Place is where we are.

The condition of the world has always been war, natural disasters and disease. Just because they didn't hear about them fast enough back then, does not mean anything imo. Then again, maybe I "spiritual-ize" away the Scripture needlessly.

If the people of the world start dying at a very fast rate, I think it will be due to something far more insidious and covert then nuclear war.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #368 on: July 08, 2019, 02:53:55 AM »

You shall hear...not the end.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2019, 09:30:23 AM »

Porter, a parable is a story or as Ray says a 'near' story. These verses do not tell stories like those identified as parables in the scripters.

Mat 24:33  So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

So are all these things possible now? If not, what prophecies are not possible at this time?

Mat 24:34  Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

How long is a 'generation'? I'm not sure but it's been about 73 years since the first atomic bomb was dropped and about 60 years since we had the capacity to kill everyone on the planet if indeed that's what is being described here. But it could be 'pestilence'? Only relatively recently have we had the means to travel to every corner of the earth in a matter of hours spreading disease.

Mat 24:42  Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Jesus tells us to Watch!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 09:36:35 AM by Dennis Vogel »

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #370 on: July 08, 2019, 11:17:06 AM »

Porter, if you think about the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man, is it not also signifying what the unsaved world will be experiencing in their future Lake of Fire judgment unto their salvation? It does, in its own special way, have a future literal application for the unsaved world when the saints judge them unto salvation in their Lake of Fire experience, in addition to what the saints are going through right now, as our carnality is burned up by God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

In Matthew 24:7, there are two separate Greek words for "divers" and "places". The Greek word for "divers" is kata, which according to Strongs can mean: diverse, throughout, more, and exceeding, amongst others. Thayer's Greek Lexicon defines it as "distributively, indicating a succession of things following one another: in reference to place, in every city (city by city, from city to city), with the plural."

The word "places" is the Greek word topos. Both Strong's and Thayer's define it as place, but Thayer's also says: of any place whatever: (in diverse places) i.e. the world over...

I can attest to the fact that God has been and continues to cause inward earthquakes in divers(e) places of my carnal thoughts, which are not easy to deal with, but are profitable for salvation.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2019, 12:03:45 PM »

I just caught the end of a news story about young children having sex identity problems. Eight-year-olds are being taught in school that they may really be the opposite sex inside.

Rom 1:26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Rom 1:27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

For the first time there are gay pride parades all over the world - Even in Isreal (which the 'church' strongly supports).

Isa 5:20  Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2019, 01:42:51 PM »

Isaiah 19:11-14
The Lord has mingled A PERVERSE SPIRIT in the midst thereof; and they have
caused Egypt to ERR IN EVERY WORK THEREOF as A DRUNKEN MAN STAGGERING
IN HIS OWN VOMIT.

Jer.10:2,, Thus says the Lord,LEARN NOT THE WAY OF THE HEATHEN

Yes Dennis, I watched some of these parades from across the world on you tube yesterday
and children were marching in them also. I thought, surely this cannot continue into
another age can it? I mean how bad does it have to get before Jesus Comes. I remember
Ray saying that all hell will be breaking loose and the world would be in turmoil when Jesus
comes . Even so Come Lord Jesus.

In Christ , Pamela

" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #373 on: July 10, 2019, 01:23:24 PM »

Looks like the gulf states will be in for a soaking from Tropical Storm/Hurricane Barry. This is an early start to the season.

indianabob

« Reply #374 on: July 10, 2019, 01:37:52 PM »

flooding and drought in the same season and nearby.
This is a sign of coming events, but we don't know how long it may last.
Bob

OROCUINA Honduras (Reuters) - A severe drought has ravaged crops in Central America and as many as 2.81 million people are struggling to feed themselves, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said on Friday, though the region's coffee crop has been largely unscathed.

The drought, which is also affecting South America, has been particularly hard on the so-called "dry corridor" of Central America, which includes southern Guatemala, northern Honduras and western El Salvador.

"The drought has killed us. We lost all our corn and beans," said Olman Funez, a 22-year-old farmer who lives in Orocuina, a rural town in southern Honduras.

Funez earns $4.74 per diem as a day laborer, and says he and his wife are rationing what food they have.

Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega recently allowed 40,000 tonnes of red beans and 73,500 tonnes of white corn to be imported to help lower prices.

Guatemala declared a state of emergency after 256,000 families lost their crop.

"I am 60 years old, and this is the first time I have seen a crisis like this," said Jesus Samayoa, a farmer in Jutiapa, about 160 km (99 miles) from Guatemala City.

Wanda

« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2019, 07:27:58 PM »

Not to undermine the purpose of this thread, because much of it has been beneficial, but I thought this might also be of benefit, at least to ponder.

Jesus warned His disciples that when the Roman army arrived, those in Judea should flee to the mountains and "let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those with nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be." (Matt. 24:17-21).

Try as I have to apply this to a future time, it just does not fit. I think overlooking the coming destruction of Jerusalem and the sheer magnitude of the event, as well as it's great significance to God and the people he was forsaking, is a stumbling block in understanding.

From my own long held beliefs, in associating much of Matt 24 with the end of this age,  presented many scriptural conflicts. A turning point for me was reading War of the Jews by Flavius Josephus. Considering I've never been interested in pouring over any history books in my life, I'll take reading that body of work as being God inspired.

IMO the destruction of Jerusalem  was such a notable event that the disciples could only think of it happening in connection with the second coming of Christ. That destruction would be like the end of the world to these people, and rightfully so. Reading about it , I'm convinced it was by far the worst event regarding any war man has engaged in. An atomic bomb would be more merciful.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 01:36:42 AM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.

Wanda

« Reply #376 on: July 11, 2019, 01:30:11 AM »

A few additional thoughts, and I'll go back to my corner.

Josephus said, if those days had not been shortened there would not have been a Jew left alive, sound familiar?  Everytime I see Matt 24:22 posted  I wonder how can it apply to both the destruction of Jerusalem and end times. I can't find any scriptural duality.

Considering the deciples  didn't fully  comprehend Jesus impending death or his resurrection at this point in time, makes me question how much importance Jesus placed on explaining his second coming to them at that time. They would have been far more interested in the coming destruction of Jerusalem,  that  would occur in their generation. A generation that would be alive to see these things come to pass. Is this perhaps another sign, meant for the generation Jesus was speaking to at that time, but out of confusion we're applying it to a future generation? Just something to consider.

It's  only natural to identify with our specific time in history, just as the people of past generations would have done.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #377 on: July 11, 2019, 08:06:49 AM »

Wanda, it would be nice if you are correct in the assumption that Matthew 24 was only limited to the destruction of Jerusalem, but I have my doubts.

Going back to the same verses, were there earthquakes in diverse places when the Temple was destroyed in 70 A.D.?

Had the gospel been preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations?

Did they see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory?

Were all the elect gathered from the four winds of heaven at the great sound of a trumpet?

Had many already come in his name saying He was the Christ, and had deceived many?

Are we assuming that the end of this eon is going to be a peaceful one rather than a tumultuous one?

For me, there are too many verses listed in that chapter that have a later literal fulfillment application, in addition to what has happened in 70 A.D.

ZekeSr

« Reply #378 on: July 11, 2019, 09:05:07 AM »

Not to undermine the purpose of this thread, because much of it has been beneficial, but I thought this might also be of benefit, at least to ponder.

Jesus warned His disciples that when the Roman army arrived, those in Judea should flee to the mountains and "let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those with nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be." (Matt. 24:17-21).

Try as I have to apply this to a future time, it just does not fit. I think overlooking the coming destruction of Jerusalem and the sheer magnitude of the event, as well as it's great significance to God and the people he was forsaking, is a stumbling block in understanding.

From my own long held beliefs, in associating much of Matt 24 with the end of this age,  presented many scriptural conflicts. A turning point for me was reading War of the Jews by Flavius Josephus. Considering I've never been interested in pouring over any history books in my life, I'll take reading that body of work as being God inspired.

IMO the destruction of Jerusalem  was such a notable event that the disciples could only think of it happening in connection with the second coming of Christ. That destruction would be like the end of the world to these people, and rightfully so. Reading about it , I'm convinced it was by far the worst event regarding any war man has engaged in. An atomic bomb would be more merciful.
A few additional thoughts, and I'll go back to my corner.

Josephus said, if those days had not been shortened there would not have been a Jew left alive, sound familiar?  Everytime I see Matt 24:22 posted  I wonder how can it apply to both the destruction of Jerusalem and end times. I can't find any scriptural duality.

Considering the deciples  didn't fully  comprehend Jesus impending death or his resurrection at this point in time, makes me question how much importance Jesus placed on explaining his second coming to them at that time. They would have been far more interested in the coming destruction of Jerusalem,  that  would occur in their generation. A generation that would be alive to see these things come to pass. Is this perhaps another sign, meant for the generation Jesus was speaking to at that time, but out of confusion we're applying it to a future generation? Just something to consider.

It's  only natural to identify with our specific time in history, just as the people of past generations would have done.

Wanda,

I think it is easy to overlook that in Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out and departed from the temple. And His disciples came to Him to show Him the buildings of the temple. 
Mat 24:2  And Jesus said to them, Do you not see all these things? Truly I say to you, There shall not be left here one stone on another that shall not be thrown down. 
  Jesus is predicting the destruction of the temple.

But in Mat 24:3  And as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? AND what shall be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the world?   They are asking Him three distinct questions--the destruction of the temple, the sign of His coming, and the end of the age-- to which, it appears to me, He gives overlapping answers.
I have a lot of thoughts on this subject which I don't think I am qualified to discuss at this time.

Mike

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #379 on: July 11, 2019, 01:28:57 PM »

Just thinking out loud.

Rev 13:16  And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

So there are two methods to receive the mark.

Rev 13:17  And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Rev 13:18  Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

So, you have to have the mark (on your right hand or on your forehead), or the name of the beast, or the number of his name, to buy and sell. Any one of the three.

As I understand it a blockchain currency like Bitcoin uses cryptographic keys which are numbers.

Here Mike Maloney talks about Facebook and their Libra blockchain digital currency. Have a look if this interests you.

https://youtu.be/nkU8fdQv8E4

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 24 queries.