bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Yesterday at 09:09:49 PM 
Started by John9362 - Last post by Mahonse
They're deep. Great conversation starters though.

As a twin myself, I can only be all the more thankful for being here and thus praise God even more. I guess you could apply the scripture which says about his thoughts being higher than ours and his ways higher than ours to his plans also being higher than ours.

Thanks for sharing. 😊

on: Yesterday at 01:40:11 PM 
Started by Dave in Tenn - Last post by cherokee
97.711% so guess I will stay home and watch it.  8)

on: August 16, 2017, 10:58:26 PM 
Started by Dave in Tenn - Last post by indianabob
Hi Jesse,
Hope your trip is fun and eventful.
Like to hear more about what you have experienced when you return home.

Regards, Indiana Bob

on: August 16, 2017, 02:04:52 PM 
Started by John9362 - Last post by microlink
I like them too. Will share. Thanks

on: August 15, 2017, 12:43:27 AM 
Started by Dave in Tenn - Last post by Extol
I plan to go to Columbia, MO and be in the path of totality.  8)

on: August 14, 2017, 10:30:45 PM 
Started by Dave in Tenn - Last post by Dave in Tenn
Dennis, what you saw was probably an "annular eclipse" (or even a partial e eclipse).  An "annular" eclipse is when the apparent size of the moon (because in it's elliptical orbit, it is farther from earth) is slightly smaller than the apparent size of the sun.  This year's Eclipse is a true "Total" eclipse because the apparent size of the moon is slightly larger than the sun's and will completely block it out, assuming you are in the right spot.  This hasn't happened in the US in almost a century.

My sister sent me a video about a guy who wrote a smart-phone app that would tell you by geo-location what to expect as the eclipse happens.  They tested it on a church parking lot in Tennessee.  From one end of the lot the eclipse was Total, and from the other end it wasn't, though it would come very close, obviously.  With these things, however, for the full effect, close still only counts in hand-grenades and horseshoes.  Within the band of "totality", the thing to watch for is how long the Totality lasts.  It can last from a few seconds to something like 2 minutes 40 seconds depending on how close you are to the "center" of the track, and where in the track you are.

The "show" is supposed to last about 2 1/2 minutes in Paducah. 

Bob, here's the best website I've found on the subject of "where to go/be".

http://xjubier.free.fr/en/site_pages/solar_eclipses/TSE_2017_GoogleMapFull.html?Lat=36.87083&Lng=-87.49512&Zoom=8&LC=1

Find your sister's city (there's a search box at the top of the site), click on it, and you can determine with a little looking around whether it is "total" and how long it will last.  If I'm reading it right, you'll need to go south for "totality".

I don't let people on the internet bother me too much with their portents.  Instead, I look at it this way:  Most of the time the cosmos we're accustomed to seems to click along normally.  Though this phenomenon--rare as it may be at any one place on the earth--can be predicted with amazing accuracy, so with Faith can we predict the outcome of His plan for the world.  And from time to time, in one place or another, in the fullness of time, he gives us the opportunity to see something remarkable. 

With "Totality" you see the sun's corona, something which is hidden in the bright light of a full sun, and for a moment things around you look quite different.  Doesn't scare me. 

on: August 14, 2017, 02:24:15 PM 
Started by Dave in Tenn - Last post by indianabob
Thanks Dennis,
My daughter has invited us down to Clinton, TN to observe. We will see how far off that is...

So many on the internet and in news media seem to see this as a threat of some impending doom for mankind.
So little trust and confidence in the creator of all things.
I see it and my children agree, as an attention getting sign from our God that He is still in charge and has the earth's operations well in hand.  :)
It is such a relief and a welcome feeling of peacefulness to communicate with people of faith who put their full trust in God.

Indiana Bob

on: August 14, 2017, 11:17:32 AM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Stacey
I've heard that a mustard seed can grow to be a huge tree.

Its a great milestone to reach 600+, congrats!

on: August 13, 2017, 10:15:05 PM 
Started by octoberose - Last post by octoberose
Porter, how is your wife doing with her pregnancy?

on: August 13, 2017, 09:47:25 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Joel
I'm really impressed with all you've put on YouTube that's available on there now.
Great job!

Joel

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 14 queries.